We provide solutions, news and RFPs related to the Smart City RFP market. Smart City Design is part of The Industry Group comprised of 25 different technology venues.
- Smart City Design for Accessibility – Smart City Project in South Korea Results
- Designing For Outdoor Video Surveillance in Smart Cities — ElectronicDesign article
- Yet another smart city project launched by Google-backed Sidewalk Labs scrapped
At any one time there are at least 10 major projects in progress across just the U.S.
The Global Smart Cities Market was valued at USD 624.81 billion in 2019 and is expected to reach a value of USD 1712.83 billion by 2025 at a CAGR of 18.30% over the forecast period 2020-2025. The increase in the adoption of green technology will drive the market in the forecast period.
- The technologically advanced cities are using the Internet of Things (IoT) platforms to monitor city infrastructures, managing everything from traffic flows and parking to water and air quality. These cities are using the resulting smart data generated, to tackle longer-term planning decisions focused on environmental sustainability. Thus, with the world’s moving towards urbanization, there is an increasing number of smart city initiatives and projects, in the near future.
- Therefore, with growing urbanization, the need to manage infrastructure and assets is prompting countries across the world to invest in smart city projects. According to the Consumer Technology Association, the worldwide spending on smart city developments is expected to reach USD 34.35 billion, by 2020.
- Leveraging Artificial Intelligence (AI) through the Internet of Things (IoT) continues to unlock opportunities within cities, including autonomous vehicles, adaptive energy systems, and even smart healthcare.
- Security concerns over the deployment of smart devices in cities are one of the primary factors restraining the growth of the smart cities market. Like any other connected technologies, smart city systems also depend on networks for data transmissions and are thus, vulnerable for breaching.
For more information contact [email protected]