New Smart City RFP from Santa Ana
Appears to be a possible IKE Smart City project
- NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that proposals will be accepted from qualified companies for the design, installation, operation, and maintenance of digital community kiosks to provide information of interest to residents and visitors of the City of Santa Ana.
- Thursday April 21 deadline
- The digital community kiosks are intended to be ad supported and shall be self-funding – the City will not provide any funding for this project. The selected company shall be responsible for selling advertising on the digital community kiosks and will share revenue with the City from gross advertising sales.
- Wayfinding Kiosk – Kiosks with wayfinding capabilities help users navigate their destination and encourage them to explore their surrounding area with interactive information.
- Multi-language support, the ability to support English and Spanish is required
- The system will provide Wi-Fi internet service free to the public for a radius of 150 feet around each kiosk, with bandwidth and IP connections sufficient to support 100 users at each kiosk, scalable at up to 200 users in high traffic areas.
- The Successful Respondent will provide the City with a detailed agreement (“data usage agreement”)
describing how the Successful Respondent shall use or retain any data collected by the kiosk or any
- The City has an interest in protecting the security and privacy of its residents, and will consider the
degree of protection offered by the data usage agreement in its decision.
- Comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), including accessibility feature(s) for the
visually or hearing impaired.